customer service tools
In times of surging customer expectations and market competition, companies shouldn’t settle for anything suboptimal. Businesses already equipped with the right tools for their support team are moving on the right path to success compared to those who don’t. In addition to establishing an excellent customer experience, support agents are also responsible for creating self-service content, helping customers connect with one another to develop peer-to-peer knowledge-sharing communities, and more. Managing all those responsibilities can become much easier and more efficient when you have access to the right tools and resources.
In this article, we’ve listed the best customer service tools that would help your customer service team to improve its performance.
Here are the best customer service tools every support team must have:
1. Help Scout:Since customer service has various aspects that need to be taken care of, having a multifaceted tool proves helpful. Help Scout gives you access to a shared inbox which helps you collaborate on requests in real-time. Other features like saved replies enable your team to create a folder of frequently asked questions and their answers that can be inserted into the mail in just two clicks. The support team can also use collision detection to ensure that no two people are responding to the same requests simultaneously. On Help Scout’s sidebar, agents can view customer profile data, so they are always aware of whom they are responding to. In addition, they can also see the previous conversation with a specific customer to gather more context on the issue they’re reporting. Help Scout also offers a knowledge base feature called Docs, where agents can create self-service content for customers.
2. Slack:Slack is messaging software that allows teammates to communicate with each other. It also seamlessly enables internal customers to get support from IT and HR departments. When combined with an AI-powered bot such as Zendesk’s Answer Bot, agents can self-serve while saving a lot of time. Other slack features include live chat, video conferencing, messaging, community forums, surveys, and more.
3. Jira:Customer support agents act as the customer’s voice to report any bug in the app or feature requests. However, these bug reports and feature requests can get lost or become difficult to follow up without a proper tool. Jira allows you to create a library of these software bugs and feature requests and forward it to the tech management team. It helps organize the requests so any agent or developer can comment on each report and get updates anytime regarding changes.
4. Hootsuite:Social media is increasingly gaining popularity as a support channel. When it comes to better interaction with customers, using social media remains the priority for many businesses. For such purposes, monitoring your social media channels becomes a must. Hootsuite is an amazing tool that enables companies to filter different keywords, hashtags, and locations to discover what their customers are saying about their brand.
5. Lessonly:Lessonly is a customer service training software that helps your customer support team to enhance their skills and knowledge through various lessons such as mock tickets, chats, and phone calls. When the customer support team trains better, they serve better. So, it’s crucial for the businesses to provide consistent and targeted training to everyone in the team, so they are able to utilize their skills as per your expectations. Through lessonly training software, you can encourage the agents to become more engaged, knowledgeable, and confident in their abilities.
Investing in technology for better performance of your support team is one thing. Choosing the right tool is another. You wouldn’t want some slow and useless tools for your business that degrades your team’s performance. That’s why it is important to carefully pick the tool that helps boost your team’s performance and establish a better customer experience.
Table of Content
- The importance of data quality in effective lead scoring
- The benefits of outsourcing tier 1 customer support: streamlining password resets and basic inquiries 24/7
- How to manage an outsourced web development project?
- The role of data in crafting a successful digital marketing plan
- The Importance of clear communication when outsourcing customer support