Top 5 tips for delivering 24/7 customer support without 24/7 staff
With every passing day, businesses are witnessing a great surge in customer expectations. Today, living up to customer expectations has become a dire need for companies to survive in the ever-growing market competition. To do so, providing 24/7 assistance has become of utmost importance.
However, many modern-day entrepreneurs think they might need a more extensive support team to provide 24/7 customer support. But that is not the case; businesses don’t need to invest in more workforce. Instead, they need to leverage the right technology.
This article will help you explore tools and tips through which you can offer round-the-clock support without hiring additional support agents.
How to provide 24/7 customers without 24/7 staff?
1. Strengthen your knowledge base
Self-service has become the talk of the town in recent times. It is one of the best ways to assist customers 24/7 without burdening your team. A self-service knowledge base encourages customers to self-serve or find answers to their queries without depending on any agent. Businesses can create and upload help articles, guides, FAQs, videos, and more in the knowledge base so that customers can get assistance whenever they want, even when your team is offline.
Below are some tips you can follow while creating the knowledge base:
- Make sure the content is jargon-free: The primary purpose of your help articles is to educate and inform the customers, not to leave them confused. So, try to keep your content jargon-free and make it easy to understand. For better clarity, break your content into smaller chunks of information.
- Create a glossary of terms: Even if you free up your content from technical jargon, there might still be some terms that your customers are unfamiliar with. To avoid confusion and unnecessary customer contact, make sure you create a glossary of terms clearly defining each one of them. This way, you can educate your customers while they help themselves.
2. Leverage chatbots
Leveraging chatbots is an excellent way to assist your customer 24/7 and in real time. With the right tool, you can design the conversation flow that bots can follow to interact with customers.
Below are some tips and best practices to keep in mind before launching chatbots:
- Be mindful of the greeting: Bombarding your customers with suggestions or questions isn’t a great way to make a good impression of your brand. Greetings like “Hi Sam, hope you’re doing good today” is a fine way to create a professional outlook of your business.
- Route conversations to agents: Many instances arise when the customers are willing to speak to a human agent, no matter how intelligent your bots are. In such cases, your bots can route the conversation to the right person or department.
- Ask for feedback: How do you know if the bots fulfill their purpose of solving customers’ problems? Well, you can ask for their feedback after their interaction with the chatbot ends. This will help you get a clear picture of their overall experience.
3. Build a Community Forum
Businesses looking forward to providing 24/7 assistance can use community forums to tap into some customers’ deep knowledge and diversified experiences to assist other customers. Community forums are an excellent way to seek assistance round the clock. For example, some customers may post questions, while others will respond to the issues and assist everyone in making the most of your products. In this respect, an online forum acts as a 24-hour help desk; the only difference is that customers replace agents.
4. Leverage interactive voice response (IVR)
Have you ever called a company and been greeted by a pre-recorded message that asked you to press 1 for customer support or 2 for sales? Yes, you most likely have! Here’s what you need to know about IVR: It is a technology that allows customers to interact with phone systems using voice and DTMF tones. IVR can be used to assist customers with booking appointments and reservations, accessing banking services, and taking care of other subscriptions.
5. Partner with an outsourcing agency
Outsourcing business processes has gained much prevalence over the last decade, and all because of good reasons. Outsourcing your customer support to an offshore partner will enable you to provide your customers with 24/7 assistance at a meager operating cost. Partnering with an outsourcing agency will help you eliminate the hassle of recruiting and training customer support representatives. Instead, your outsourcing partner will do it for you. With trained representatives delivering premium quality service at half a cost, you can continue to live up to your customer’s expectations.
Customer support plays a crucial role in delighting customers, so they keep coming back for more. With increasing expectations of customers, you may find the need to provide 24/7 assistance. This does not necessarily mean hiring additional service agents. Following these tips would help you assist your customer 24/7 without having a 24/7 staff.